Ep 133 - The 5 mistakes many managers make and how to avoid them
Apr 17, 2023
This is the episode I wish I’d heard when I was in my first few years of managing people and teams. It would have made my life so much easier.
In this episode I cover:
- How to claim the authority that comes with your role
- My favourite tool for going into challenging conversations with confidence
- Why it is important to set expectations and hold people accountable
- Why your team’s happiness is not down to you
Please do share this episode with any newer managers you know.
Other episodes you might like:
Episode 125 - How to set and hold your boundaries
Episode 115 – How to give feedback well
Episode 61 – Become great at delegating
WORK WITH ME AND MY TEAM
We partner with you to:
- Develop your women leaders and prepare them to advance within the organisation
- Build women’s confidence - particularly your early and mid career level women
- Empower men and leaders to become allies for gender equity
We also offer individuals:
- Be Bolder, an open 4 week confidence and assertiveness course
- Influence & Impact, an open 3 month women’s leadership development programme
- 1:1 coaching
Get in touch to find out more or book a call with me.
CONNECT WITH ME
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
- Share this episode with a friend
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify
I would love to hear your feedback on this week’s podcast. Please leave a review or come say hello on social!
Thank you for listening, see you next week!